Force Dance Convention
Force Dance Tour (Dance Convention and Competition) offers the country’s most sought after teachers and choreographers, and introduces you to the industry’s newest and emerging talent! Classes provide a comprehensive variety of dance disciplines that will offer your dancer the best of convention offerings that are available today. Our teachers are hand selected by what they bring out in each dancer-they are each a true inspiration to our craft. Each city venue will also host a competition complete with premier sound, lighting, and stage. We invite you to bring your passion for dance, soak up some amazing knowledge, and be prepared to have one memorable weekend!
D A T E S & C I T I E S
LITTLE ROCK, AR | BRANSON, MO | CHARLOTTE, NC | DESTIN, FL | NASHVILLE, TN
F A C U L T Y
Introducing the FORCE Dance faculty. These teachers are all established master teachers, choreographers, performers, and mentors. Their diverse backgrounds and unique experiences bring a wealth of knowledge and creative messages to each FORCE Dance experience.
REGISTER FOR COMPETITION
Dancers attending more than one 2017 regional workshop will receive a 50% workshop fee discount for each additional city.
Studio owners will receive confirmation of registration once complete. This confirmation will also include check in information for that city along with other necessary information for that FORCE weekend.
Parents of workshop registrants may observe workshop classes with the purchase of an Observer band. These may be pre-purchased with studio registration or may be purchased at the door. Auditions are open only to Studio owners and teachers with an appropriate wristband.
Please be courteous in classes and keep chatter down to a minimum. Please keep all belongings under chairs in workshop rooms. NO VIDEO in classes or during competition.
There is no admission fee to our competition in each FORCE city. Our closing show is free admission as well. We invite everyone to come and support these amazing dancers!
Our ages listed below are suggested for each level. A teacher may place the student where they feel the student is best fitted for the weekend. Please remember all workshop and scholarship ages are as of January 1, 2018.
Please let us know after the first class if you are requesting a class level adjustment. Please note the difference in price for a higher level will be due if applicable. There are no refunds to switch to a more novice level, however. See our desk for a wristband adjustment in this case.
*In select cities, Teen & Senior rooms may be combined.
2017 Workshop Levels Fees (Early Reg. / Late Reg.)
Payments may be made online or mailed to:
One check must be submitted for all fees due payable to FORCE DANCE TOUR.
All dancers registered for FORCE must sign the studio registration waiver for participation.
Attendees and participants will not hold FORCE DANCE TOUR responsible for any losses of personal items or injuries incurred at our event.
Scholarship winners should submit a copy of their scholarship with payment for workshop.
Any registrations paid the day of event will be paid in cash or via credit card. Cashier’s check or money orders are also accepted. We will not accept regular checks at this time.
Approximately 10 days prior to our Force Dance Tour event in your city, you will be emailed all info including your workshop and competition schedule for our weekend. Should you have any questions on anything pertaining to our dance weekend, we are here to help you with anything you may need. Simply email us at Forcedancetour@att.net or call 251-776-5981.
On the day of our event, you will see our registration table for your studio packet including your student bands, teacher bands, and any pre order observer bands along with audition info for our scholarship auditions that weekend. At this time you will receive any updated schedules along with a competition program for you and your registered teachers. Wristbands are not required until Saturday morning, in the event of added Friday evening classes.
We invite studio owners and their registered teachers to join us for a teacher luncheon to be held on Sunday. We look forward to meeting all of you here and hearing your feedback on how you have enjoyed your weekend and what you would like to see us possibly add to our event.
Give Back Scholarship
For studios who bring 15 or more paying students to our workshop, we will issue you a scholarship free of charge for you to award to any student in any way you see fit for the 2018 season . It is our way of saying thank you for attending our dance weekend and we hope our event will continue to inspire you in the future!
The Visionary Award
Force Dance Tour recognizes the studio director that we feel most brings diversity into their studio’s competition choreography and routine performances. It is vital to train our dancers in many areas to present diverse dancers for our industry and Force Dance Tour hopes to be instrumental in the appreciation of this vision. To be eligible for this award, the studio must have at least 8 group, large group, line, extended line, or productions combined.
|Before deadline||After deadline|
|SOLO||$100||$130||3 minute max|
|DUO/TRIO||$55||$60||3 minute max|
|GROUP (4-9 dancers)||$45||$50||3 minute max|
|LINE (10-15 dancers)||$45||$50||3 minute max|
|EXT. LINE (16-24 dancers)||$45||$50||4 minute max|
|PRODUCTION (25+ dancers)||$45||$50||6 minute max|
In order to compete, dancers must be registered for the entire workshop in the city where competing.
Entry fees are NON-REFUNDABLE. We strictly enforce time limits on routines entered at Force Dance Tour.
If you need to purchase additional minutes, You may purchase up to 2 additional minutes of time for any Group, Line, Extended Line or Production for just $5 per dancer, per additional minute.
Solos are allowed without participation in a group number but must be solos must be registered under your home studio.
JAZZ: Primarily jazz technique, utilizing up-tempo music.
BALLET: Primarily ballet or pointe technique, including classical steps and movements.
HIP-HOP: Primarily hip-hop technique.
TAP: Primarily tap technique. Routines demonstrating clogging technique and style may not compete in the tap category. Recorded tap sounds are not permitted.
CONTEMPORARY: A blend of modern and ballet technique.
LYRICAL: A combination of jazz and ballet techniques to slow music incorporating emotional and storytelling elements.
MUSICAL THEATRE: Any routine interpreting a song from a Broadway or Movie Musical.
OPEN: A blend of styles. Also includes character, song and dance etc.
*Judges reserve the right to change the performance division of a number if they feel it is incorrectly placed. Please also make sure routines are family friendly and age appropriate.
CHOREOGRAPHY & MUSICALITY 20%
OVERALL APPEARANCE 10%
|Pro Am Division||19+|
All entries will be adjudicated by 3 distinguished judges. If a larger city requires a fourth judge, the lowest score of the four judges will be omitted. Please be sure your studio presents family friendly and age appropriate routines. Should a judge find a routine not meeting these criteria, the routine will result in a deduction of point value.
Force Dance Tour Adjudicated Awards:
In addition to the adjudicated awards, a competitive 1st-10th place award will be given to the highest scoring Solo. A competitive 1st, 2nd or 3rd place award will also be given to the highest scoring Duo/Trio, Group, Line, Extended Line and Production, in each of the 7-10, 11-12, 13-15, 16-18, 19+ age categories.
A 1st Place Award will also be given to the highest scoring Jazz, Ballet, Tap, Lyrical, Contemporary, Musical Theatre, Hip-Hop and Specialty number in the Mini, Junior division, Teen and Senior divisions.
The Impact Award
Our judging staff will select a Mini, Junior, Teen and Senior Group, Large Group, Line, Extended Line, or Production routine to receive the Impact Award. Those with this distinguished honor will dance in our Finale Show. Many factors go into the decision of the winners of these awards and are not necessarily the highest score in that age division. Winners will also receive a $250 award.
The Full Force Award
Our judging panel will select one routine from each studio that they feel best represents that studio’s work as performed at our FORCE Dance Tour weekend. To be eligible, studios must have at least 8 groups entered at our event that weekend.
The Visionary Award
Force Dance Tour recognizes the studio director that we feel most brings diversity into their studio’s competition choreography and routine performances. It is vital to train our dancers in many areas to present diverse dancers for our industry and Force Dance Tour hopes to be instrumental in the appreciation of this vision.
SCORES, CRITIQUES, AND PICKING UP OF AWARDS
Scores and Critiques will be uploaded by 12pm Sunday. Awards with monetary value will only be distributed to a studio owner or studio teacher. Parents or students are not allowed to pick up these type of awards.
• Hazardous props may not be used during the competition.
• Please make sure props are not too large in size and will fit on our stage. Our stage is approximately 40X30.
• Studios have a maximum of 2 minutes to set up a prop and remove props off the stage. Deductions will be taken for set ups exceeding this time frame. Also, FORCE employees cannot participate in loading in or loading out props onstage or to and from venue. Email us ahead of time if you have large props and we can go over load in areas etc. for that city’s venue.
There is no video or photography allowed during classes or competition. Not following this rule can result in studio/student disqualification. Pictures are allowed after classes with teachers as time permits. Photography after the awards session is allowed on stage.
• Registration may be completed either online or by mail. To register click here.
• Checks should be made payable to FORCE Dance Tour. Please send ONE check for all fees (workshop fees and competition fees can be included in one check).
• All returned checks will be subject to a $35 fee.
• When we reach capacity, we will no longer accept Competition registrations.
• All attendees authorize the use of their images in photos and video for any video or photo publications presented by FORCE
• No foreign checks accepted. Bank money orders must be payable in US Funds only.
• Entry fees are NON-REFUNDABLE. NO EXCEPTIONS.
• All competition fees are per person, per entry.
• Dancers may compete under one studio only at FORCE Dance Tour events.
• All mailed competition entries must be postmarked 30 days prior to the convention.
• The deadline for competition changes is two (2) weeks prior to the event. No changes will be accepted after this date.
• Dancers must be ready 45 minutes ahead of scheduled performance time as often our events run early and we will not hold a competition for a missing dancer.
• In some cities, Friday competition may be held.
• Entries will perform in the order that is presented in scheduling. Any intentional manipulation of show order may result in disqualification of that studio.
• An official entry form (photocopies are acceptable) must be filled out for each routine entered.
• Dancers and routines may compete in more than one city. See our discount for attending a second city with FORCE Dance Tour.
• Teachers may not coach dancers during the competition.
• Stage Dimensions are 40’x30′
• Doors will open 15 minutes prior to competition start time. Admission is free. The front rows are reserved for studio owners, choreographers, and teachers.
• Attendees and participants will not hold FORCE DANCE TOUR responsible for any losses of personal items or injuries incurred at our event.
• Solos are allowed without participation in a group number but must be solos must be registered under your home studio.